Days 126 – 135 – Life Is Not Yet Back To Normal

Normal is an Illusion

It never ceases to amaze me how fast time seems to fly!  Life has been incredibly crazy since my last post.  However, it is SLOWLY returning to normal . . . Whatever the hell that is!

I’m not even sure where to begin, so I shall just put whatever pops into my brain-housing group first.  Do not be surprised if I jump all over the place.  (It’s actually how I really am and it drives my family and friends bonkers!)  😀

What I did was sit outside this morning and hand-write my blog.  I wanted to be able to get as much down because I knew when I typed it, I would be adding or deleting stuff along the way.  Here is how I started it . . .

Currently, I am sitting outside enjoying the fresh air with all the fur babies (except Honey).  Zoey, Mo and Marshmallow got to stay here while their parents (my daughter and son-in-law) went to Canada to see Niagra Falls for my son-in-law’s birthday.  She is surprising him with a helicopter tour.  Milo is just enjoying being outdoors.

Speaking of Milo . . . He has been tremendously grumpy whilst the grand fur pups have been here.  We were fully prepared for Honey to be the grumpy one since she is so jealous and possessive.  For the most part, she has been well-behaved.  Milo, on the other hand, has been acting just like a super grumpy old man!  Although, I will admit he has gotten a tad bit better.  He only just growls now when Mo ‘invades’ his space.

The week I was on call for Jury Duty went fairly smoothly (16-20 May).  I never had to report.  I was able to work my normal shift (2nd Shift) on Thursday (19 May, Day 130) and Friday (20 May, Day 131).  I missed working my shift!  Although, it did force me to get up early to get the pups’ walks in before the heat of the day.

That was also the week I was preparing for my 50th Birthday Party.  Any time I have a get-together at my house, I go on a massive cleaning spree.  It’s when the stove and refrigerator get moved so I can clean the sides, underneath and behind them.  Every window in the house gets cleaned inside and out.  Lamp shades are taken down and washed.  Vacuuming every room and ceiling takes place.  Floors are scrubbed by hand – on my hands and knees.  All three bathrooms are scoured more than usual.  Thankfully, the outside is low maintenance.  I only needed to cut the grass, clean up puppy land mines and pull some weeds.

I have failed to workout.  But then as I said in my last post, I will take it up again once life returns to ‘normal’ . . . whatever the hell normal is.  I thought it was going to be on the 30th, however, I discovered my oldest son will be home until the 7th or 8th of June.  :-\

I have not walked the pups since last Friday (20 May, Day 131).  I was going to walk all four dogs but have changed my mind since Milo has become the Grumpy Old Man.  😦  I miss the walks.  The daily temperatures are going up.  It means I will definitely have to get up and out the door at first light once I resume the walks (probably Friday, 27 May, Day 138).

I have also completely lost control of my eating.  My husband was home from Thursday night (12 May, Day 123) until this morning (Day 135).  When he is home, my healthful eating turns to shit.  I am ashamed and appalled at how out of control I have gotten.  It almost feels as though I do not have an ‘off’ switch.

Because of the out of control eating and lack of working out and walks, I feel like a slug.  I do not think I have gained all the weight and inches I have lost.  I do know I have gained, but not nearly as much as my mind wants me to think/believe.  I will not know how much, though, until I actually take my measurements.

My husband has FINALLY finished the shed he started six YEARS ago!  It was one of his goals while he was ‘on vacation.’  It would have been completed years ago, but he is only home for maybe 35 hours per week.  That does not leave a lot of time to get projects accomplished.  He really worked hard on it, though.  Speaking of my husband . . .

I am married to a truly amazing and wonderful man!  For my birthday, he built me a deck.  He and a friend of ours got it done in two days!  I absolutely LOVE IT!!  They worked hard and fast to ensure it was completed before my party.  Although, he did leave the old stairs off around the corner of the house.  They are now the stairs which go to Nowhere.  LOL  Here is the finished product:

My husband spent a shit-ton of money on food for the party.  I even received a text from my sister-in-law telling me my husband must love me a lot because he didn’t bat an eye at how much money was spent!  She and my husband did most of the shopping.  And my sister-in-law did almost all of the cooking of the food!  She is a real blessing to this family!

For the party, I made four pans of stuffed shells.  I was going to make a meat lasagne and a meatless lasagne.  However, I was talked out of it.  Especially since my awesomely talented sister-in-law made homemade ginormous meatballs, meat sauce, fettuccine Alfredo, pasta and more pasta. We also had homemade Italian sausage, Polish sausage and sweet and sour cabbage (prepared by my 2nd Grade Husband AKA one of my childhood friends).  There was salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden, luncheon meats for sandwiches, veggie trays, fruit trays, chips, salsa, and of course, cake.  If anyone left our house hungry, it was their own bloody fault!

I was not sure how many people were going to show up.  There were some who said they were going to be here but never showed.  The majority invited just never bothered to respond.  I wanted to make sure we had plenty of food in case all 140 I invited ended up showing up!  There was plenty of food.  We were even talking people into taking stuff home!  LOL

My oldest stepdaughter (from my marriage to Mr Potato Head), along with her significant other and her two daughters, drove all the way from Maine to attend.  My daughter’s parents-in-law drove down from the Detroit area.  My sons were here from North Carolina; and my daughter and son-in-law drove up from Florida.  A cousin I had not seen in years came along with his son.  One of my Woman Marine Sisters arrived with her husband and grandson.  (She had hip surgery on 3 May, so her making the hour long drive was a testament to our bond!)

My stepdaughter and stepson (from my current husband) called on Saturday morning and sang me “Happy Birthday.”  It was disappointing they could not be here.  However, I am over it.  They are the ones who missed out.

I understand why my stepdaughter did not come.  Ever since her car accident at the beginning of February, she has used all of her PTO (paid time off/vacation days).  She has been suffering from migraines and severe back issues.  Her PTO was used up by all of her her doctor visits . . . and this year is not even half over!  She would have been resting or sleeping for the entire visit.  So, we will postpone it until she is well enough for travel.

My stepson . . .Well, I’m not quite sure why he couldn’t make it.  I did find out he wrecked his truck.  That happened recently, though.  I am not going to hold my breath on him ever coming out for a visit.  I refuse to stress about it anymore.  It is what it is and that is all there is to it.

We had family portraits taken on Sunday (22 May, Day 133).  (This was the whole reason I wanted my stepchildren here.  It was to be my gift to my husband.)  Neither of my sons smiled for any of the photos.  This is totally typical of them, though.  I loved our photographer.  She takes some amazing photos.  My daughter was pleased, as well.  She said her personality and disposition were wonderful.  The experience was way better than their engagement and wedding photos.  We should be getting access to them in a couple of weeks.  I cannot wait!  😀

On Monday, 6 June, I will be having oral surgery to remove the tooth that lost its crown.  Four to six months after that I will be getting a dental implant to replace the missing tooth.  I am trying to NOT freak out about it.  My dentist is a wonderful man.  He is personable and honest.  He may be a bit pricey, but he is so worth it!

Now that my party has happened, I can put my focus on two things:  (1) getting my CompTIA Network+ Certification; and (2) achieving my goal to be under 200 pounds and in a size 16W by 16 August 2016.  I will have to study super hard for the first one and stay committed to healthful eating and working out for the second.  These are my short-term goals.

I have to remind myself it is all about taking BABY STEPS.  I will not be able to accomplish everything I want to do if I do not take them.  I also need to buckle down and do more positive self-talk.  I can no longer afford to be my own worst enemy.

So, I shall close this on a positive note . . .

There is No One


3 thoughts on “Days 126 – 135 – Life Is Not Yet Back To Normal

  1. I’m so glad that you had a nice party, you deserve it, and don’t focus on those that didn’t show, focus on those that did, it sounds like you have an amazing family and really great friends! 🙂 Baby steps, I’m here if you need me, we can do this! 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s