I meant to post this yesterday (Saturday, 4 June 2016), but didn’t quite make it to a computer. (I do not like making blogs from my phone as I tend to fat-finger the keyboard and it takes me 60 billion times longer to get one finished!)
Day 4’s requirement is: List 10 things you would tell your 16-year-old self, if you could.
- As bad as life seems right now, it is going to get a whole hell of a lot worse in the coming years . . .
- But everything you are about to experience will be worth it in the end.
- Regardless of what you may think, some of the choices you make for your children will not be with their best interests in mind. Thankfully, they were minimal/few.
- Start saving money now. ALWAYS keep a separate account. (Mom was correct on this.) The more you save now, the better you will survive the future financial crises.
- Spend more time with Grandma H. She will teach you many useful things . . . things I wish I knew and would have learned then.
- Start exercising now while you are still young. Get your body used to it.
- Eat healthfully.
- There will come a point of time when you think you know a lot. The truth will be you really do not. You will learn this the hard way.
- Take pictures and be in them. Pictures are a visual history. Make sure to get duplicates and give them to Mom for safe keeping.
- Never stop being you. No matter what pile of shit life throws your way, always remember the situation is temporary. Never let the situation define you or change your core essence. You are a strong, determined, dedicated, loyal and beautiful woman.