From my Weight Watchers Success Story Booklet:
What’s your “why”? You know, your motivation for starting down this path? Maybe you’re looking for more energy or more self-confidence. Or maybe you want to wear a smaller size or lower your blood pressure. No matter what success looks like to you, we can help you get there.
What’s your “why”?
I’ve been thinking long and hard about this. What, exactly, is my why? Why have I embarked upon this weight loss journey? I came up with a few things. Here they are (in no particular order):
- To be able to go clothes shopping in the “normal” section. It sucks when I see a really cute top, pair of jeans or an outfit in the “normal” section but cannot find it in the “Plus” section. It is like the clothing designers are trying to tell bigger people they do not rate to have cute clothes.
- To be able to have a picture or video taken and be proud of how I look. When I see myself in pictures or videos right now, the only thing I want to do is cry. I look at them and see a morbidly obese, fat sow. Pictures do not lie.
- To be able to sit in an airplane seat without having my fat roll into the seats on either side of me.
- To one day hear my husband tell me he finds me beautiful.
- To be able to stand naked in front of my husband . . . with the lights on.
- To not cringe if I catch a glimpse of my naked body.
- To be able to walk by other people and not hear “look at that fatty” or “check out those hideous thunder thighs” and other negative comments whispered/not really whispered.
- To be someone my children are proud to be around.
My list is not all-inclusive. It is only a start. I can do it. I will do it. Just. For. Me.